Human Resource as a department has been on the outskirts of an organization for a long time. However, things have been changing, albeit gradually, but changing they are and for good. As millennials’ presence in the workplace is on the rise, there has been a steady shift in the traditional human resources planning and practices. With organizations understanding and appreciating the importance of human resource leaders who can lead not only the HR department to the forefront of an organization but also take the organization to its desired success and goals achievement.
Human Resource Leaders And Role Of Human Resources Professional
As the demands on the human resource department increased there was a need felt for human resource leader who could successfully lead the team to achieve all the goals set by an organization. But was the role of a human resource leader and how was it different from a professional in human resources? So before we go further in this article let’s understand the role of human resource leaders and is it different from chief human resource officer.
Role of Human Resource Leader In An Organization
While the role of human resource leader is quite diverse and critical, here is a lowdown of the important role an HR leader plays in an organization.
1. Talent development: While recruiting a candidate it is an HR roles and responsibilities, it is the role and responsibility of a human resource leader to both define the role requirements and determining the assessment process to know whether an applicant would be a good fit or not. The major onus of developing a talent is on the shoulder of an HR leader, after all a misfit employee would not be able to steer the company towards its goals.
2. Organizational Development: As an HR leader your role also involved being staying informed about what the competitors are doing so that you could bring about the changes that would impact the overall growth of the company. How do you do it? You could do it by collecting by collecting information through their online research and interactions with others, a successful human resource could make business decisions that would affect not only company’s growth but finances as well.
3. Identifying Problem And Rectifying it with a solution: A successful human resource leader would be the first one to think why the organization is failing to achieve its goals and targets. What is lacking and where? He is the one who would look beyond the obvious factors and would find out the real cause of dysfunction and then develop strategies to bring the problem to its satisfactory solution.
4. Employees Performance Management: This is one role that requires human resource leader and CFOs to work in tandem and measure employee’s performance for better suited pay scale.
5. Company Culture – Development and Maintenance: It is the responsibility of an HR leader to develop and maintain the company culture that would help effective goals achievement.
Shubhi Gupta is a professional writer, blogger who writes for a variety of online publications. She is also an acclaimed blogger outreach expert and content marketer. She loves writing blogs and promoting websites related to education, fashion, travel, health and technology sectors.