IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE USERS OF THIS SITE TO TAKE THE TIME TO READ THE FOLLOWING TERMS OF SERVICE. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE INDICATES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE; IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BIDE BY THESE TERMS PLEASE DO NOT USE THE SITE.
From time to time this page will be updated. It is the user’s responsibility to check the page to see what has been changed. Major changes will be announced via the Forum, the Facebook Group, the blog, and the newsletter.
By registering for an account on Writedge and by publishing content, you verify that you are at least 18 years of age. If proof is provided that you are not at least 18 years of age your account may be suspended or deleted, depending on how soon you are about to turn 18.
1. It is the right of the owners of this site to unpublish articles that are of low quality, have spammy content, or do not follow the other terms as outline within these terms. Notice that there are restricted topics that you cannot write about (please see the FAQ). If your account repeatedly violates the terms of this document, your account may be deleted and your content along with it. Note that this includes one word tags, duplicate tags, misspelled tags/articles, non English tags/articles, improper punctuation/grammar, and tags that are too broad or unfocused. If you have written 3 articles on a specific topic, you may request a new category be made.
2. The responsibility of activity that occurs under your username/password and on your articles is your responsibility. Please do not give your password to other people. If you believe that unauthorized activity is taking place change your password immediately. This also means that you are responsible for any content that you publish on the site. Graphics should either belong to you or should be properly cited to show that they are royalty free or that you have rights to use them. Use outgoing links responsibly. Content that contains links to sites like adult sites, gambling, weight loss products, and other undesirable sites will be removed.
3. By publishing content on this site you verify that it a) is original – not published anywhere else on the Internet or by anyone else in print or on the Internet, b) does not contain libelous or illegal content and does not infringe on anyone else’s rights, c) has cited sources if anyone is quoted or if another article has been quoted, d) gives proper citation if pictures or other works of art are included and that you have the right to use this material, e) is not pornographic or obscene, abusive, vulgar, threatening, offensive, illegal, defamatory, or abusive towards any person or organization, f) does not contain information about weight loss products, gambling, or any other topics that are against Google’s terms of service and does not contain links to such sites
4. When you submit your original content to the site to be published you grant Writedge rights to publish exclusively on any sites owned by Writedge and to use the material for promotional purposes. You also give rights for users of the site to view such material. Writedge has the right to edit, cut back, rephrase, translate, merge and otherwise modify material as deemed necessary. Writedge can refuse to publish content for any reason, deny publication, or remove content at their sole discretion.
5. Writers retain all copyright and authorship for submitted articles. You can remove your content at any time.
6. When you publish content on Harlow-McGaw Media sites you will earn money via your own affiliate links and/or adsense. Your ads will appear 75% of the time in your posts and our ads will appear 25% on all posts and pages.
7. You must comply to the terms and conditions as laid out by the Adsense program, as much of the site earnings will come from this site. Because Adsense is one of our main sources of earnings you must NOT click on any ads.
8. We will not share your information or sell it to anyone. Your personal info is kept personal.
10. Personal details that you provide to Writedge MAY be used if they are required to be provided under law; they may also be used for communications with you and for internal use.
11. You agree not to indirectly or directly, generate fraudulent traffic/view either manually or by any computer generated means for any reason. This includes buying traffic. You must provide verifiable accounts used to generate traffic upon request.
12. Submission of content to Writedge does not suggest employment/employer relationships in any way.
13. Writedge makes no promises, warranties, etc about material that is available on the site or published on the site. Writedge does not make any promises or offer any expectations regarding the results of publishing on the site.
14. Writedge and anyone employed by or associated with the business of Writedge will not be liable for expenses, loses, damages sustained in using the site, to the greatest extent permitted by the law. You agree to not hold Writedge and anyone employed or associated with the business or Writedge responsible for any action that results from using the site.
LAW OF GOVERNANCE
15. The provisions of this Agreement and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the Country of Canada, in the province of Alberta. You will be responsible for any legal costs incurred settling the terms of this document.
AGREEMENT IN ENTIRETY
18. The terms and conditions of this Agreement shall constitute the entire agreement with respect to your use of the SITE, whether your Original Content is submitted and published or not. Writedge may change and/or modify this Agreement, and any term and condition thereof, in its sole and absolute discretion, without being required to provide any prior notice of any such change and/or modifications (however, major changes will be announced via the Forum, Facebook group, blog, and newsletter).
19. No failure or delay to exercise any right, power, or remedy under this Agreement shall operate as a waiver of any such right, power, or remedy.
THIRD PARTY BENEFICIARIES
20. No provisions of this Agreement, whether expressed or implied, are intended or shall be construed as conferring upon or giving any third party any rights, remedies or other benefits of any kind whatsoever.
21. Any notices to be sent to you by Writedge shall be sent to the email that you registered with, and shall be deemed to have been received within 24 hours.
Cancellation and suspension of account
22. We may:
(a) suspend your account;
(b) cancel your account; and/or
(c) edit your account details,
at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation.
22.2 You may cancel your account on our website by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org with your request and username. You must send the email from the email associated with your account.
(last updated October 1, 2015)