As of October 1st, 2015, Daily Two Cents and Writedge have become revenue share sites.
Please read the blog post for more info: New Pay Model Starting
Note that anyone that has made at least $1 on DTC/WE will be paid out on Nov. 2. This DOES NOT affect Craft Closet, Penstrokes, and The Daily Voice News.
Below you will find commonly asked questions regarding Adsense.
Q. How do I add my Adsense code?
1. Go to Google Adsense.
2. Click on “My Ads” in the top menu.
3. Click on “+New ad unit” button.
4. Name your ad
5. In the Ad Size box change it from Showing Recommended to Showing Horizontal banner or Showing Responsive
6. Choose Large Mobile Banner if you are showing Horizontal; if you are Showing Responsive there is only one option.
7. For Ad type you can choose whichever option you like best (display ads are pictures – text are just text)
8. Leave Text Ad Style, Custom Channels, and Backup ads – you don’t need to do anything with these.
9. Click on “Save and get code”
10. When the box with your code comes up change the code type to synchronous. For some reason the asynchronous code does not work.
11. Copy the ad code and paste it into the box provided.
This will cause your ad to appear 75% of the time and ours 25% of the time.
Note, if the code disappears after you save you likely used the asynchronous code by mistake!
Q: I can’t get the synchronous code – only the asynchronous code?
Try using the horizontal Large Moblile Banner instead.
Q: Can I Use a Program Other than Adsense?
Unfortunately, on DTC we won’t be able to allow it for now. On WE we will set it up so you can do that. We will ask that you email us at [email protected] and get approval for the program you’d like to use.
Q: How do I get an Adsense Account?
12 Things to do Before Applying for Adsense (note: this post gives alternatives to Adsense; we will allow these alternatives on WE only but as mentioned above you must email us and notify us that you wish to use one of these alternatives!)
Start Your Own Blog: We are willing to host a blog for you for free (within reason on bandwidth) so you can get your own Adsense account. This WILL take some time and effort but once you have Adsense with your own blog you can use it anywhere. You’d have to buy your own domain name (we recommend NameCheap.com), and we’d want to place one ad of our own above the fold, but otherwise it would be yours to do with as you wish.
- You must have been with us for more than 6 months.
- You must have written 50+ posts (this can be anywhere on HMM not just one site).
- You must have demonstrated GOOD conversational English skills.
- You must not have had any posts sent back to draft for any violation in the past 3 months.
Q: How Can I Create an Adsense Account Using YouTube?
Great tutorial here
Q: How do I Find Out How Much I am Earning on DTC/WE specifically when I have other blogs registered on Adsense?
1. Go to your dashboard: https://www.google.com/adsense/app
2. Click on Performance Reports in the top navigation.
3. Choose Report Type: Sites
4. Choose the time period
You should see below the graph all the sites that have had impressions/clicks during that time perios
5. Alternatively, you can also choose Report Type: Ad Units
This will show results by the names you have given ads. For example, if you called your ad “DTC posts” you’ll see that in the results as long as you have clicks or impressions for that time period.
Q: Adsense just isn’t going to work for me. What are my alternatives?
- Writedge: You can use an alternate program including Chitika or Infolinks. Please email us and get approval before adding your code! [email protected]
- On Writedge or DTC you can use Amazon affiliate links/products in the body of your post.
- On Writedge or DTC you can use shareasale.com affiliate links OR a banner (top OR bottom of post, not both and it does count as one of your outgoing links). Shareasale is an excellent program and has a huge range of programs you can sign up for and most programs have a really nice selection of banners.